How our mobility scooter search can help you
Our scooter and powered wheelchair search has detailed information on over 120 scooters. You can go straight to an individual scooter's factsheet or try a quick search for scooters with useful features. Alternatively, our advanced search lets you set out the features you’re looking for yourself.
Features covered in the search include:
- Manufacturer and model name. You can contact the manufacturer to find out more about a model or locate a retailer.
- Scooter class 2 or 3 - do you want to use it on the road?
- Dimensions. Length, width and height – useful for working out whether you have space for the scooter and whether it can go on public transport. Bear in mind that extra features such as shopping bags can increase its size.
- Turning radius. This describes how much space the scooter needs to turn around completely. Some public transport operators ask for this figure.
- Weight. Gives you an idea of whether you'll be able to lift the scooter, and again whether it can go on public transport. Weight can vary depending on any extras you get and the type of battery used.
- Number of wheels.
- Maximum gradient. The steepest slope the scooter can safely climb.
- Whether it folds, and the folded dimensions. Good to know for storage, and if you want a scooter that you can take in your car boot.
- Price. T he price quoted is the recommended retail price (RRP) given by the manufacturer. Retailers may set their own price.
Last updated: November 2015