Rica: commissioned consumer research
- Over 50 years' experience in commissioned consumer research
- Founded by Which? in 1963, independent since 1991
- Clients from all sectors, mainstream and specialist
We also carry out grant-funded research.
Why choose Rica?
Rica's research is user centred, involving direct input from older and disabled people. Rica's unique resources and expertise include:
- A consumer panel - the RicaWatch panel - of over 700 older and disabled people. Rica was one of the first organisations to set up a national consumer research panel, in 1995.
- A wide range of well-known and respected clients, including: Age UK, Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC), British Gas, Communications Consumer Panel, Department for Transport, Marks and Spencer, Motability Operations, Transport for London (TfL) and Which?
- Research partners such as: the Business Disability Forum, Intertek (formerly the Which? laboratory) and International Consumer Research and Testing (ICRT)
- A tailored, inclusive service. We are a small, specialist research organisation and you will work with one person to shape your research.
- A track record of innovative research and insight methods.
Rica's approach has built us a solid reputation for quality service among our UK-wide public and private sector clients, with a high proportion returning to commission further research.
Rica's recent commissioned work and grant-funded research includes:
- Mystery shopping – retailer and service investigations
- Packaging – food & drinks products
- Customer insight workshops – supermarket service & rail passenger assistance
- Surveys – experiences of mobility scooters
- Usability testing – central heating controls
- Technical tests – ease of use of digital TV equipment
- Policy reports – mobility scooters on public transport
- Technical data – car access measurements
Last updated: June 2016