Dementia research programme
Rica has teamed up with Innovations in Dementia to launch a research resource which involves people with dementia in a new programme of local and national consumer research, providing feedback and insight on products, services and environments.
How this important development can help your research:
- Rica, Innovations in Dementia and local DEEP dementia groups will work with you to design practical consumer insight and development projects that have real impact.
- This initiative provides an important new UK-wide consumer research resource for businesses and organisations.
- The learning from this innovative research programme is being supported and promoted by the John Ellerman Foundation.
Mecca Bingo, York
We visited Mecca Bingo in York with the local DEEP group, York Minds and Voices, where we looked at how their experience can help produce recommendations on how bingo halls can best accommodate people with dementia. February 2017. Read the report here.
RSC Theatre Stratford-upon-Avon
In partnership with the Friends Together DEEP group based in Redditch, Worcestershire, we worked with the RSC to evaluate theatre environment and performance at their Stratford-upon-Avon home. August 2016. Read the report here.
An investigation of a proposed Next Stop Announcement system to find out whether it can improve journeys for people with dementia. The investigation was carried out by the Bradford DEEP group in partnership with First Group's Leeds Citybus. January 2016. Read the report here.
Huguenot Museum, Kent
Our first local project, where people with dementia from the local DEEP group Memorybilia visited the Huguenot Museum in Rochester using a mystery shopping approach. December 2015. Read the report here.
Additional local projects are currently under way, including one in Camden, London, to investigate minicab and taxi services.
Completed research projects include:
- Usability testing of central heating programmer / thermostat unit - colour contrast (Hive Active Heating). In partnership with SUNshiners DEEP group in Dover.
- Workshop to collect feedback on utility billing and other financial information materials (British Gas). In partnership with the Forget-me-nots DEEP group in Canterbury and Mindcare Dementia Support in Lewisham.
More dementia resources
Last updated: June 2017